I am currently using?FM 7.0?and Windows XP Pro operating system.

I am having a problem with setting up?documents for offset printing for one of
my clients. My responsibility?is to set up?the document in Frame and prepare
PDF files with separations (using Distiller) for printing. I then turn?these
over to a graphics house local to the client who coordinates the printing. The
documents are grayscale with one spot color.

Over the past several years,?we have?done 5 or 6 major documents and have had a
problem with RGB color in each one.?A printing house?sees us coming and tries
to go into a hiding because?the original was?a?FM document. The graphics house
wants me to use?InDesign, but the client and I have agreed that that software
is not suitable for the pages?upon pages?of tables that?make up?each document.

We are?currently finishing up another catalog (document) and have sent sample
pages to the graphics house. The response?is that?the FM sample?pages?have "RGB
channels" and are not suitable for offset printing. The graphics house has now
recommended that we use PhotoShop to set up?a gray-scale channel for the spot
color and?import?the gray-scale document into FM.?The client does not want
this, but wants a gray-scale document with the spot color?inserted so he can
send out individual pages to customers. He dislikes the prospect of having two
documents: one with gray-scale?text and gray-scale art and one with
gray-scale?text and?spot color art. Therein lies my dilemna.

My questions are these:
- Is there a workaround, plug-in, or something that will enable me to get rid
of the "RGB channels" and still allow me to use the spot color in Frame?
-?Would FM9 or the?new FM Graphics Suite?solve the RGB/spot color problem?

I am really confused about this issue, but I must resolve it. It is
particularly frustrating because I don't have the problem with any other client.

Howard Rauch

Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080