Esteemed colleagues,

I am using FrameMaker 8 on a machine running Windows XP Professional.

I have a manual with six chapters and consecutive page numbers (1 through 68).
I want the tables and figures to be numbered consecutively as well throughout
the book (Figures 1 through 15...Tables 1 through 9, for example).

However, I cannot get the numbering to bridge all the chapter breaks. It works
across some chapters, but not others. The manual is really deficient in this
area. I have looked for a counter reset at the beginning of the offending
chapters but I haven't found it.

If someone out there can suggest a course of action, or point me to a good
explanation, I would appreciate that. Thanks in advance.

Tom Scalise

Manager, Information Development

Cross Match Technologies, Inc

561-622-5416

thomas.scalise at crossmatch.com <mailto:thomas.scalise at crossmatch.com>

"I've been told one should have a goal. Mine is to live forever. So far, so
good."

Mir ist erz?hlt worden, dass jeder ein Ziel haben sollte. Meins ist, ewig zu
leben. So weit, so gut.

On m'a dit que chacun devrait avoir un but. Le mien est de vivre pour toujours.
 Jusqu'ici tout va bien...

This e-mail message from Cross Match Technologies, Inc. is intended only for
the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.
prohibited.
If you received this e-mail by accident, please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail and all copies of it.