Baruch Brodersen wrote:
> Hello Framers,
>
> Cross-posted to the Frame2Acrobat list.
>
> We single source many books using shared content with conditional text and
> distill using TimeSavers. Some of the resulting PDFs are showing up with dead
> internal cross reference links. Some are dead, while others are OK. The book
> and Frame files are all updated prior to printing. Examining the dead links
> in the PDF reveals a live link but no corresponding named destination. Going
> back to the source Frame files, the links all work using Ctrl-Alt click
> without updating or doing anything to the file other than testing the link.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> FM 7.2 p158
> Win XP SP3
> Acrobat 8.1.2
> TimeSavers 5.5.6

Have you turned on Create Named Destinations for All Paragraphs in the
PDF setup dialog box?  Doing so can bloat the PDF, but if you
subsequently do a Save As (you can keep the same PDF name), unused
destinations will be removed and file size will shrink.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator