From: Rick Quatro [mailto:r...@rickquatro.com]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 8:32 AM
To: 'Spectrum Writing '; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Unavailable Fonts question

Hi Tammy,

The easiest way to do this is to choose File > Preferences > General,
uncheck Remember Missing Font Names, and click Set. Open your document
again. You will receive the missing fonts message one more time, but this
time the font substitution that FrameMaker does will be permanent. Save the
file; the next time you open it, you should no longer get the message.

A couple of cautions are in order: First, you should check the Console
window and make sure that the substitution is acceptable to you. For
example, if a symbol font is being substituted by Times New Roman, you may
lose some important symbols from your document.

Second, your client may not appreciate the substitution when you deliver the
document back to them. They will have to re-import paragraph and character
formats from one of their documents to restore the correct fonts.

If neither of these is a concern, you should be all set with this method.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very
much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
rick at frameexpert.com