Pinkham, Jim wrote:

> It WAS a vain hope. For the moment, I can still open my AI and EPS
files
> in Illy 9, but not in CS 4 (Illy 14). The "not enough memory to open
> illustration" error persists -- although at the moment I have Outlook
> 2003, Frame 7p1, and Illustrator 9 open -- and am only using about 2
> percent of my CPU resources.

Your CPU usage is completely unrelated to your memory usage. The former
relates to how much processing is being done at the moment (e.g.,
generating a gradient fill). The latter relates to how many applications
and files you have open. If you have 30 files open in FM or AI, you're
using a lot of memory even when the applications are idle (using no CPU
time).

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer