> so my boss wants to make sure we have all info
> to present.

One important difference between InDesign and Frame has not been mentioned:
InDesign takes typography seriously. If you're doing design for print, a large
book in my case, this matters. Before CS4's introduction of cross-references
(for end notes) InDesign was not a viable choice.

Typography examples:

1. Frame scales down small caps, superscripts, and subscripts, even if the font
contains carefully designed glyphs for these. They look cheesy. I couldn't find
a way in Frame (v.8) to use the font glyphs without individually typing in code
or copy-pasting from the Character Designer. InDesign lets you set a preference
for which to use.

2. Same as 1 for ligatures. With InDesign you can automatically set every
ligature the font contains, or only the common ones. Spell check continues to
work even with ligatures displayed.

3. I'm yet to see InDesign set a footnote on the wrong page.

4. The hyphenation-justification engine for InDesign is more sophisticated than
Frame's (and both are far superior to Word's) but the difference is too subtle
for me to get excited about.

One more thing--I've never seen any angst among the user community for InDesign
about Adobe's continuing commitment to the product.

Alan Barber