From: Art Campbell [mailto:art.campb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:13 PM
To: Fred Ridder
Cc: jim.pinkham at voith.com; Orly Zimmerman; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: FM crashing upon attempt to create PDF - 3Qs

Fred's correct, but I did notice that things changed slightly with W7. W7 32
seems to be able to address about 3.6 or so of RAM -- I'd have to check to get
an exact figure, but it was a nicely larger chunk on my 4G system.

Art

Art Campbell
      art.campbell at gmail.com<mailto:art.campbell at gmail.com>
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                     No disclaimers apply.
                                                              DoD 358

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Fred Ridder <docudoc at
hotmail.com<mailto:docudoc at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Jim Pinkham wrote:

> Orly, on the notebook point, please clarify. Did IT tell you the one
> that you have cannot be upgraded beyond 2 GB? That may well be accurate.
> However, there are notebooks currently in stores that have 6 GB of RAM.

But it should also be noted that only 3GB of memory can be accessed directly if
you are running a 32-bit version of Windows. It is pointless to have more than
3GB of RAM (even if your system can physically and electrically accommodate it)
unless you are running a 64-bit Windows version. But going from 2GB to 3GB can
make a significant difference in performance.

-FR

You are currently subscribed to Framers as art.campbell at
gmail.com<mailto:art.campbell at gmail.com>.

Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers at
lists.frameusers.com>.