From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Kathryn (Kay) A.
Speed
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:55 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Epub Format -- pdf to epub conversion

Have any of you used or seen the use of the *.epub format in the technical
writing communities? Also, do you know of Microsoft or Acrobat methods for
producing the format? I couldn't find any information on the Microsoft site,
and the Acrobat site mainly mentioned use of InDesign to produce the format.
I downloaded an Open Document converter, but I would really like to just
convert my PDFs to EPUBs, to test their useability on a Sony ereader.

My understanding is that PDFs don't by themselves automatically reflow text
to make it more easily readable on an ebook screen, but epub files do.

Kay Speed
Technical Writer/Trainer
Netsweeper Inc.