I NEED YOUR HELP!

I'm having issues when trying to print to pdf from Framemaker (V8.0p277
with FrameMaker 8.0 XP SP3 Fix. When printing from Framemaker, I have my
printer set to Adobe PDF. The following is a diary of what was happening
and what I did to rectify the problem. I know this is lengthy, but after
all is said and done, I can produce a pdf from FrameMaker, but it is
missing lines and/or paragraphs of information (I have tried printing to
pdf, Save As PDF, and also print to file - all with the same results).

My System

*
        Dell Precision M4400 Workstation: Intel(r) Core(tm) 2 Duo P8700
(2.53GHz, 3M L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
*
        Professional to XP Professional SP3
*
        Memory: 4.0GB, DDR2-800 SDRAM, 2 DIMMS
*
        NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M, 512MB
*
        Hard Drive 250GB

HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING

Getting fatal errors in FrameMaker while printing to pdf.

I did the following to try to correct the issue:

*       Removed Acrobat 8 Professional (Version 8.25) and FrameMaker
from system
*       Installed Acrobat 8 Professional and FrameMaker from the
original CDs
*       Installed FrameMaker update patches (p266; p273 and p277) and
FrameMaker 8.0 XP SP3 Fix

Rebooted system and everything was working fine for about a week.

Getting fatal errors in FrameMaker while printing to pdf again.

I did the following:

*       Removed Acrobat 8 Professional (Version 8.25) and FrameMaker
from system
*       Removed and installed printers (local and Adobe PDF)
*       Installed Acrobat 8 Professional and FrameMaker from the
original CDs
*       Installed FrameMaker update patches (p266; p273 and p277) and
FrameMaker 8.0 XP SP3 Fix

This did not correct the problem.

I then called my company's IT department and they recommended that I
perform a ChkDsk on my hard drive and when that completes, do a Disk
Defrag and call them back if the issue isn't resolved.

When both actions were completed, I rebooted my system and tried
printing a file to pdf, and I got a fatal error again. I did the
following again:

*       Removed Acrobat 8 Professional (Version 8.25) and FrameMaker
from system
*       Removed and installed printers (local and Adobe PDF)
*       Installed Acrobat 8 Professional and FrameMaker from the
original CDs
*       Installed FrameMaker update patches (p266; p273 and p277)

I increased my virtual memory paging file size on D: from nothing to
5356 MB for a total of 10712 MB (minimum allowed on each drive is 2 MB).

This did not correct the problem as I'm still getting fatal errors in
FrameMaker when printing to pdf. So, I did the following (again):

*       Removed Acrobat 8 Professional (Version 8.25) and FrameMaker
from system
*       Removed and installed printers (local and Adobe PDF)
*       Installed Acrobat 8 Professional and FrameMaker from the
original CDs
*       Installed FrameMaker update patches (p266; p273 and p277) and
FrameMaker 8.0 XP SP3 Fix

Again, this did not correct the problem. Instead of getting fatal
errors, when printing to pdf, the printer displays an error message
stating the document did not print due to an error.

My company's IT department representative took my system, backed it up,
and then reimaged the entire system. Once I got it back, I reinstalled
the following:

*
        Installed Adobe Creative Suite (Design) 3
*
        Installed Acrobat 8 Professional and FrameMaker from the
original CDs
*
        Installed FrameMaker update patches (p266; p273 and p277) and
FrameMaker 8.0 XP SP3 Fix
*
        Removed and installed printers (local and Adobe PDF)
*
        Downloaded all Adobe updates

Now I can print to pdf, but as I mentioned above, the pdf is arbitrarily
missing lines of text up to including missing paragraphs.

Dick

Dick Tracy
Technical Writer
Phoenix Controls
75 Discovery Way
Acton, MA 01720
(978) 795-3497

P Please print this e-mail only if necessary!