I've just discovered that with FrameMaker 10 Adobe are doing the same as with
the Creative suite apps: historical upgrade paths are closed off, so one cannot
upgrade directly from FrameMaker 7 to FrameMaker 10.

Does anyone (Dov?) happen to know what the situation is with crossgrades? I've
been using FrameMaker 7 on Mac with complete satisfaction for several years and
many books; my forward path is either an Intel Mac with FrameMaker 9 or 10
under VMWare, or upgrade my Windows box, which is geriatric. In view of the
less than warm welcome of FrameMaker 10 (and, for that matter, 9), maybe I
should look for a full copy of Windows FrameMaker 8 on eBay or elsewhere?

I have never been sure how the Adobe crossgrade procedure works, and
specifically, the check process for a valid existing copy.

Any information welcomed.

--
Steve