1. Open a DOS command prompt window.

2. Navigate to the directory of choice. If the directory name is long, or has
spaces in it, enclose it in double quotes (like this "cd  \tree  name\folder
name\"  for example).

4. Make a copy of everything before deleting the backups (in case something
goes wrong!). I do it like this in the directory where I am:

                mkdir  BACKFILES
                copy  *.*  BACKFILES\*.*  /v

5. Then delete the FrameMaker backup and log files you want to (this is what I
use for example):

                del   *backup*  *.log  *.tps  *.tpdf

         Be careful above! Do NOT have any spaces beween the '*' characters and
the other characters.

        By the way, I keep the above del line in a text file called
"cleanframe.bat" (in my DOS command path somewhere) so that I just type
"cleanframe" rather than take a risk of accidentally putting in spaces in the
wrong place and deleting the wrong files!

6. After you are comfortable that you still have what you need, you remove the
other files *if you want*:

                rmdir  /s  /q  BACKFILES

        Again, be careful of what you are removing!

Ultimately, having a complete backup (in case of recovery needs) is a good a
idea before you start any of this - just to be safe.

Good luck,