K Grace wrote:

> I currently have a couple of book files with numerous chapter files.  I
> print the chapter files to separate *.ps files.  At the end of the day
> I want separate *.pdf files for these respective *.ps file.  Once I
> have the *.ps files I can then point Acrobat (Adobe Acrobat 9 -
> Standard).  These files will be changing quite often, as such it is
> going to make for a labor intense workflow when ever I make changes to
> the .fm files which need to be "re-printed" as *.ps files and then
> converted back into *.pdf files.
>
> There used to be a "watched folder" function that I could use but I
> cant seem to find this function now.  Can someone tell me what version
> of Acrobat I need? or a possible alternative to the watched folder
> setup?

Fred answered your first question. As for the second question, there are a
couple of options.

-- Instead of printing to *.ps files and then distilling, you could print to
PDF. Select File > Print Book. In the Print Book dialog, make sure Print to
File is turned off and set Print Book As to Separate Print Job for Each
Document. If Printer isn't already Adobe PDF, click Setup and, in the dialog,
select Adobe PDF (click Properties to check or change PDF settings).

-- Alternatively, you could use File > Save Book As > PDF. In the PDF Setup
dialog, select Generate Separate PDF Document for Each Selected File.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.