On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:54:21 +0200, "Markus Drenckhan"
<info at dkpress.de> wrote:

>thanks for your hint with the MIF file. I found out that
>ist not the order of the text flow elements in the MIF file
>but the value of the tag <TextRectID> that determines the
>order of appearance. If I change that value I can change
>the order of appearance.

Interesting!  Thanks for digging that out!

>Unfortunately there are quite some frames with RectIDs
>in my documents (more than text frames) and changing the
>values proves to be a tricky matter with unforeseeable
>effects. But it seems to be the way to go.

You should be OK if you keep the same values, but swap
them around.  That is, don't make up new values; you
are almost certain to duplicate a value used elsewhere.
But if you keep the same set of values and just reorder
them, you should be fine.

That's something that could be done by a very simple
plugin, or maybe just a FrameScript or ExtendScript.
I'd write it myself as a freebie if I had time.  Any
other FDK folks out there who want to?