I have just spent two days wrestling with a consistent crash on
FM11.0.1.382. It appears to be linked to editing master pages, but I
haven't been able to narrow it down precisely. It *may* be associated
with DITA-FMx (Scott is looking into that), but FM crashed frequently
when just saving or closing this particular file - that is, no DITA-FMx
activity at the time.

And it is not just one file. I was able to reproduce it using files
created from scratch. Tweak the master page, save, close, reopen, and
tweak again. Eventually the file gets to a point where you cannot make
the slightest change (change one dimension of a text frame, for heaven's
sake) on the master page without FM crashing either on saving/closing or
when generating a book using DITA-FMx.

It may be a DITA-FMx problem or it may be a native FM problem. We've
reproduced it on two machines, both with DITA-FMx installed. Interesting
that the OP mentioned master page changes in his process...

Incidentally, it is not the slightly friendly "FrameMaker has
encountered a serious problem and must quit" message. It's the Windows
"FrameMaker has stopped working, rrrrrsssppp" variety. Though this
morning I also had the friendly form occur once when saving the file. Go
figure.

Time was when FrameMaker just worked. Now when problems occur I don't
know whether it's FrameMaker, DITA-FMx, or me. (If it's me, it's also my
colleague!)

Roger Shuttleworth
London, Canada