Hi Matt

I've been using DITA-FMx to generate a book from a ditamap. Because the
book is divided into parts, the generation process uses a template for
each "divider" file. It is this template file that I was tweaking. When
it works, it creates separate book components for the dividers as well
as the chapters. I do now have a working set, but only because I have
taken my tweaks so far. Having saved each "good" tweak into a new file,
I can quickly revert to a good copy when an extra tweak breaks things.
Life on the edge!

I know that if I make the slightest modification to the text frame on a
master page in that particular template file, it will crash FM when I
generate from the map using DITA-FMx (always). Or sometimes when I make
the tweak, save the file, and close it. It is this last factor that
makes we wonder whether it is a native FM problem or a DITA-FMx probem -
or if somehow my file becomes corrupted at some point in the generation
process.

Roger