Of course not - they want you to buy the suite; what incentive would there be
if you got all the features with the point products?

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at
lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Syed Zaeem Hosain (syed.hos...@aeris.net)
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 1:04 AM
To: Combs, Richard; Harpreet Singh Seehra; Robert Lauriston; framers at
lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip reviews?

Interesting ... thanks for the response, Richard!

And I don't know about all of you all, but I strongly, *strongly* want any such
"special plumbing" to be functional in the standalone purchased versions of
FrameMaker and Acrobat Pro. (I simply don't want to get onto the much more
costly TCS purchase/upgrade path - I do *not* need the other tools in that
product and do not want to pay for them - I have enough trouble justifying my
FrameMaker purchases now that the upgrade prices have gone up so much in the
past few years.)

I *do* want the integration between FrameMaker and Acrobat Pro to be as
good/perfect as possible. That is why I continue to justify, buy and upgrade
the [expensive] Adobe Acrobat Pro product rather than just live with one of the
many inexpensive "PDF printer" solutions that are available - heck, as I
recall, one such PDF printer is included in my "PDF Convertor Pro" software
(which I currently only use to convert from PDF to Word and Excel files).

Since I always have to perform some common manual actions every time I generate
a PDF (since not everything "comes across" from FrameMaker), if the integration
could be better, then that is important to me!

Harpreet, can you please provide me with Adobe's response and position here?
What are the exact differences and why are they not in the stand-alone
versions? Can Adobe release an update (perhaps a "connector" program similar to
what is in TCS) for people who own FrameMaker *and* Acrobat Pro, but don't own
TCS? Shouldn't this standard in the Acrobat Pro package for it to install this
integration if a copy of FrameMaker is also installed on the system?

Thanks,