Here's what may be causing my problem: The TOC reference page has default
paragraph tags for HeadingATOC, HeadingBTOC, etc. But my document
has paragraph tags of Heading1TOC, Heading2TOC, etc.

I am not sure if I created (at some point in the distant past) the TOC
paragraph tags with that naming convention or how it came to be. Others
have muddled with these files before me, so it's hard to know.

I need to apply the style elements of my TOC tags to the default TOC tags,
then delete my tags and apply/use only the default tags (newly styled).
Then my TOC updates should be in better shape than they were before. ;-)

Thanks again,
Karen