Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-283-5045
rick at frameexpert.com

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:31 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
back to buying TCS outright as an upgrade later?

Flare can replace both FrameMaker and RoboHelp, the core of TCS. I don't
like having each topic in a separate file, lack of true WYSIWYG for PDF, or
the inability to export change markup to PDF, but it's a highly competitive
alternative, especially with RoboHelp.

I don't think either has kept up with the way the profession has been
evolving. In recent years more and more of my content is coming out of
wikis. It's annoying to have to spend hour after hour formatting
already-written new content or cutting and pasting changes from the wiki to
an authoring tool.