I have just had a software vendor ring me to enquire about my future software
needs, and to extol the virtues of Adobe's 'creative cloud', which she had just
finished training up on.

Boy did she get more than she was bargaining for ;-)

I pointed out that I had been planning to upgrade (with full version purchase
in many cases due to the age of my versions), at least Illustrator,
Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, Fireworks and Flash (I have already
upgraded FrameMaker), but that Adobe no longer has anything to sell me. She
then asked me what alternatives I was planning, and I responded that as there
were no credible alternatives to many or all of these, I was considering
retirement as an option.

The idea that I would have to pay Adobe for the rest of my life to retain
access to legacy material does not appeal, to say the least.

I know this has been aired here before, but I just needed to let off steam.
--
Steve [Trim e-mails: use less disk, use less power, use less planet]