Steve, I'm with you. I used to be a huge Adobe fan. I have loved and
praised Adobe software far and wide. It's not cheap, but it is very
capable and works very well. Now, I find myself hating Adobe. I'm not
just disappointed with the CC subscription model, I'm fuming. I complain
about it every chance I get. I've started or participated in threads all
over the Web. I've complained to friends. I've bored my wife to tears
with my lamentations. Just yesterday, I fired off a letter to the editor
of PC World in response to the current issue's article on subscription
software. I am not happy.

Like you, I have no intention of subscribing to CC. EVER. I have happily
(well... relatively) paid around $400 per year to upgrade my existing CC
software. I have bought every CS version upgrade. But I will not pay
$600 per year for the rest of my life to keep access to my existing
files-- or to gain access to just one new feature above what I already
have. It looks like CS6 is my last version. It's pretty darned good. So
it's not much of a sacrifice.

I apologize for helping this topic spill into the FrameMaker arena
where, so far, the subscription model has not been forced on us.
Hopefully, Adobe won't also make that bad decision or they will find
that they have lost the last bit of their revenue stream from me.

Return the upgrade path option to CS6! Boycott CC until Adobe relents.

Mike Wickham