One solution to this is to define the KeySequence for navigation within a table
to use one or more modifier keys (Shift, Ctrl, or Alt) in addition to the
cursor keys. This change does not affect the function of the unmodified cursor
keys in regular text.

To specify a modifier key in a KeySequence string, just use a plus sign for
Shift, a caret for Ctrl, or a tilde for Alt. The modifier key symbol(s) needs
to appear at the start of the string with no space (i.e. immediately to the
left of the slash). For example:
<Modify MoveIPToCellBelow <KeySequence ^/Down >>
would define the keystroke combination for moving down a row in a table to be
the Ctrl key plus the down arrow cursor key.

BTW, all of this is documented in a PDF called CustomizingfFrameProducts.pdf
that Adobe used to distribute in the Documentation directory of the FrameMaker
installation. Unfortunately, this document was last updated for FrameMaker 7.0,
and was no longer distributed with versions after 9.0.  I would hope that this
file is still available somewhere on the Adobe website, but I suspect that may
be over-optimistic.

-Fred Ridder