Hi, guys...As I created my template from scratch, I have a number of P
styles that I've used, then stopped using. I therefore have a bunch of
styles that I need to clean out...from about 500 files. I maintain a
control document with only the valid styles and when I need to change or
modify a style, I do it in this document to test it's impact, then import
to all other docs in book. What this won't do is remove styles from all the
files that aren't in the control document.

How do you go about doing this?

John Posada