From: Maxwell Hoffmann [mailto:mhoff...@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:12 AM
To: Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain at aeris.net); Simon BUCH; 'Framers'
Subject: RE: FrameMaker 12 released

I wanted to add some clarification to points raised in this discussion.

[1] Regarding how people behind firewalls can deal with monthly ping on
subscription, I got some solutions from an internal source at Adobe:

"In case a user has subscription, then they would need internet access and be
online when they install and license the software and at least once every 30
days thereafter.
However, Government or Defense customers would most likely be using Volume
Licensing and hence, they could either use the offline activation mechanism
(http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-offline-activation.html) for
activating the product on a machine that does not has internet. Alternatively,
they could also create a pre-activated deployment package for these products on
a machine that has internet access and then deploy them on the offline
machines. The second option I provided above is usually preferred in scenarios
where the user has multiple machines."

[2] Regarding the current upgrade costs and the 40% discount, and
discontinuation of TCS month-to-month subscription, I just posted a blog that
summarizes the issues and resources:

"Tech Comm Suite 5: Month-to-Month Subscription Discontinued, Only Annual
Subscription Plan Available" =  http://adobe.ly/1fCaPTD

I hope you find this helpful.

________________________________

Maxwell Hoffmann |  Product  Evangelist  |  Adobe  |  p. 503.336.5952  |  c.
503.805.3719  |  mhoffman at adobe.com<mailto:mhoffman at adobe.com>
http://twitter.com/maxwellhoffmann -
http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann  blogs.adobe.com/techcomm
Upcoming webinars http://adobe.ly/Pbz6xI    Recorded webinars:
http://adobe.ly/Pbdp0J

From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers-bounces at
lists.frameusers.com> [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On
Behalf Of Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain at
aeris.net<mailto:syed.hos...@aeris.net>)