I'm pretty sure that you'd have to have the ExtendScript open up the Word doc in FM, then locate the portion you're interested in, copy it to the clipboard and paste it into the FM file (and close the Word doc without saving).

A bit clunky, but certainly doable.

You'd need some type of delimiter to identify the start/end points of the portion of the Word doc. That could be a para or char tag or it could be a unique string that identifies these points. Maybe even a marker of some type. As long as you're just copying the text and not trying to preserve any (random?) formatting, it should work. Getting the formatting to stick would be trickier.

Cheers,
...scott