From: Framers <framers-bounces+docudoc=hotmail....@lists.frameusers.com> on
behalf of Alan Litchfield <a...@alphabyte.co.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:31 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: [Framers] Longtime Frame File suddenly cannot be printed to
postscript for PDF production

On 1/09/16 8:19 am, loui...@mchsi.com wrote:

> Can I tack on a related question? Am I right in not fully trusting a PDF made
> by "Save As"? Or do I just have deep-seated psychological issues? ;-)

More the latter, if you are referring to anything newer than version 9.
There was much discussion on the list some time ago about the relative
merits of either approach. I have been strong advocate of the ps->pdf
workflow but nowadays, I would promote the Save As... as providing a as
good a quality output.

Working on 2015 this week, I observed that Save As uses Distiller in any
case, so by doing it manually only takes time and adds no other value.
That was because the Adobe Acrobat license decided to screw itself up
and I needed to reinstall Acrobat and all the other CC apps I use.

huh, why do we need to reinstall this stuff all the time?

Cheers
Alan

--
Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte

FrameUsers.com - The Adobe FrameMaker Online Reference
Site<http://www.frameusers.com/>
www.frameusers.com
Adobe FrameMaker software is a template-based authoring and publishing solution
for unstructured, structured, and XML/DITA content. There is a large and loyal