From: Framers [mailto:framers-bounces+priyasha=adobe....@lists.frameusers.com]
On Behalf Of Tammy Van Boening
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:58 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: [Framers] Adobe Licensing/Installation Rant

Since Adobe monitors this list, hopefully this will get someone to pull their
head out of their backside and provide customer service!!! I have a legally
purchased fully licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat XI. I am having to set up a new
laptop, which includes my Adobe products (which I want to do about as much as
Custer wanted another Indian!). I deactivated my installation of Acrobat XI on
my old laptop and I am attempting to install Acrobat XI on my new laptop. The
installation appears to be going just fine and then blam. . . I get a message
about having to rollback the installation and the installation is rolled back
and nuked and I get the message that the installation was unable to complete,
but absolutely NO error code/nothing to assist or hint as to what is the issue.

I am installing on a Windows 7 64-bit Dell E6420 Latitude that has MORE than
enough RAM for what I am installing. (and that's exactly the setup of my old
laptop on which I deactivated the copy.)

I tried to call Adobe support, but after I get through IVR h*ll, and follow all
the prompts correctly, I get the absolutely useless message that Adobe does NOT
provide phone support for my product. Really???? Why is this? So, of course, I
have to resort to chat and after 35 minutes of frustration with the "helpful"
Adobe CSR, I gave up.  . .

First, email is NOT the way to go bluntly with the language barrier that I was
experiencing, and second, the dude was obviously multi-tasking because there
were many lapses of several minutes during our useless chat where he did not
respond at all to my inquiries or acknowledge that I had provided him the
requested information.

Really Adobe, this is how you treat someone who has been a customer since
'96???

I need help troubleshooting this installation and getting it up and running
- there should NOT be an issue with what is supposed to be a plug and play
installation from a CD and with a valid license number.

Tammy Van Boening
Owner/Principal
Spectrum Writing, LLC
www.spectrumwritingllc.com
TammyVB  *AT*  spectrumwritingllc  *DOT*  com