I'm on Win 7 64 bit, but if I'm trying to rename a folder and get that
message I will try changing the view in Windows Explorer first (before
resorting to a reboot). I like list or detail view as a default, but when I
change it to icons and try again, it often lets me rename the folder. Worth
a shot?
-Lise

--
*Save the earth.* It's the only planet with chocolate.