From: Framers [mailto:framers-bounces+wreng=tycoint....@lists.frameusers.com]
On Behalf Of FrameUsers Admin
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 7:43 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: [Framers] Up for discussion: changing Framers' default Reply-To
behavior

In the "old days" of this list, it was expected that a poster would
summarize the comments received, especially any that were sent
off-list. These days, most of us don't have time for that and we miss
so much good information that could help us all. I know that often
someone posts something that I want to watch for replies, only to
never read another word on the subject except a mention of all the
great off-list replies.

Related to this is what I find to be a major pain in the a**--
pressing Ctrl-R and forgetting that my reply will go only to the
original poster. I have to then find the Framers email address,
copy/paste it into the header or a new email, and resend the message.
I think this may be contributing to the propensity of off-list replies.

When I originally set up this new Framers list, I opted to set the
default Reply-To behavior to send only to the poster and not the list
because it was the recommended action for new lists. I'm beginning to
really regret that decision. So as List Mom, I'd like to change the
default reply behavior to go to the list and not to the sender. I
realize that this might create situations that could prove
embarrassing if one accidentally sends a private reply to the entire
list. I'm willing to entertain valid arguments both pro and con to
this change in list behavior. I'd prefer receiving them off-list
(ca...@frameusers.com) unless you feel that your argument merits all
1089 of us taking the time to read it. I won't make this decision
unilaterally -- this list belongs to all of us and relies on all of
us to provide good content and helpful advice.

Bear in mind that if I DO make this change, I will give plenty of
advance warning and repeat it a few times before making the change so
that we all have time to retrain our brains.

Carol Elkins
List Mom
ca...@frameusers.com

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the
use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.