On Wed, 1 Mar 2017, Craig, Alison wrote:

How do you *re*install Reader 11?

This link should get you to a dropdown list of install options, including Reader 11. Don't be alarmed, the first pane says "Reader DC" but until they get around to breaking this, 11 is an option on the #3 dropdown list as you step through the selection process. (I spot- checked on various Windows and Mac OS listings, using English as the language.)

http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions

Remove DC first, then install 11. This install works quickly and easily (imagine that). The irritation, though, is that I've lost all the little config tweaks done to 11 prior to the previous DC hijacking, not to mention the history stack.

I despise the Acrobat "DC" programs and have adamantly refused to upgrade Acrobat Pro 11 to the "DC" version at work - although I seem to be stuck with it at home.

I'm really tired of companies reworking their programs so they're "new and improved" - are you listening Adobe and Microsoft?

Yes, it's rare that such reworks are an improvement. It does happen, but not often.

Generally that means they *look* cool (or what some dork thinks is cool) but they're actually massive steps backward in productivity as they keep driving us back to the mouse and away from shortcut keys.

Amen. And it often goes deeper than that, subtle little things where that same "dork" is clueless about use. One of the ongoing irritations with windows is that substring matches no longer fully work in file name searches. Why on earth would they break that? Sigh.

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
*** IXGEN 7-10 for FrameMaker 10-15 HERE! ***
fra...@fsatools.com  1-435-275-8981  fsatools.com