I have a solution for FrameMaker's Dropbox compatibility issues, but I'm afraid it only works in a niche environment. Sharing here in case it benefits anybody.

I run FrameMaker in a Windows virtual machine under MacOS. Most of my MacOS filesystem is managed under Dropbox. When I installed Dropbox on the Windows VM, I got the same FM "save" errors that others have reported.

Solution:

- Don't run Dropbox on the Windows VM.

- Work with FM files on local Windows folders.

- Share the Windows folders with the MacOS side, which is running Dropbox.

I suspect variations of this solution are possible.

-Alan