You can still specify whatever line width you want, including those less
than 1 point; you just can't do so with the goofy slider on the tool bar.
While using an Object Style is the preferred solution for the original
poster, here is an alternative approach:

1) Make sure the Tools palette is displayed (View > Toolbars > Graphics
Toolbar).

2) Set the desired border width and pen properties on an anchored frame by
choose Graphics > Object Properties.

3) With the anchored frame still selected, press the Shift key and choose
Graphics > Pick up Object Properties. This will "load" the selected frame's
properties as the default on the Tool palette.

4) Select another anchored frame and click the "Set Pen Pattern" button and
"Set Line Width" button on the Toolbar. Click the buttons on the left, not
the sliders on the left.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
r...@frameexpert.com