I have a box of FrameMaker v5 from Frame technology. I loaded the program
in Windows 7 Professional, and of course learned nothing of program
workings, where I am peculiarly using the graphics palette. From the
beginning when v5.5.6 was new, I have been happy with merger of 2D graphics
of some complexity and great precision, with text documents such as
Purchase Orders. As this peculiar user, happy with v5.5.6, I am only
unhappy to be constrained to 32-bit computing.

I have talked to The List three times I think, in all those years of caring
about FrameMaker and skimming understandable things occasionally from
others. Where I talk to The List, it is always about this graphics suite,
and the fit to my brains in flexible document creation, despising automated
cookie-cutter Word and its predecessors that evolved from command language.
I know a few keystroke operations, but it is mostly type and place precise,
flexible simplicity.

I have tried to share samples of my work,hoping not all modern users are
publishing professionals. I show the often creation of house details in my
work as a construction contractor, on an accurately sized satellite photo.
I imagine large employment opportunities for people I call Diligence
Reporters, doing third-part quality control in construction, photos and
builder notes proving completion of check list requirements, then in many
ways surpassing "work" done by municipal jurisdictional authorities. I am
inspired by a customer-couple who worked as entertainers on cruise ships,
and would be happy in this Reporter relationship with respected builders,
working in The Cloud to escape boredom in the Indian Ocean. I want a
simplified and inexpensive software going back to the roots of FrameMaker,
perhaps written by those Old Guys, and not owned by Adobe. Millions have a
chance to do their correspondence in something not Word-like, much better.
The Reporters in-the-cloud, would find this flexible software more
intuitive than today's FrameMaker.

Can anyone help?

So, my v5 Frame Technology books are still shrink wrapped. Would I do well
to open and read them? Is the pristine box valuable?

Phillip Norman
Attic Access
Portland, Oregon
An Old Guy 73, and an inventor.