As far as I know, you can't suppress the console logging. Would be really nice to be able to assign certain "levels" to types console messages and then offer an option to the end user as to which ones they want to see. (As well as providing programmatic control over the logging and display of the console itself.)

...scott

On 11/22/17 8:46 AM, Jeff Coatsworth wrote:
Earlier versions of FM used the "Show File Translation Errors" field in the
Preferences to suppress the Console from appearing. Now sure where it appears in FM2017
now.

________________________________
From: Framers <framers-bounces+jeff.coatsworth=jonasclub....@lists.frameusers.com> on
behalf of Alan Houser <a...@groupwellesley.com>
Sent: November 22, 2017 11:35 AM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: [Framers] Extendscript: Suppress console logging (FM 2017)?

I'm updating a large book via Extendscript. In FrameMaker 2017, is it
possible to suppress console logging, or at least prevent the console
pane from opening?

I set FS_ShowBookErrorLog and FP_UseFMConsoleForErrorLog to "false".
Nonetheless, the console pane always opens and shows my stream of
unavailable font messages. The large number of streaming messages
appears to slow performance considerably.

If there's a way to do this, or another approach I should consider, I
would be grateful to hear it.

Thanks!

-Alan

--