Windows 10 strikes again, it seems. As all may recall, the 1803 build of
Windows 10 bolluxed the ability of Framemaker to create PDF files.
Microsoft supposedly fixed this issue in July.

Except not quite. We use SVG images in our Framemaker files, and as of
August 31, my coworker, who is on Windows 10, *cannot *create a PDF. In
fact, Frame freezes and has to be killed via TaskManager.

I have Windows 7 on my work computer, and I *can *create a PDF from the
same files he can't.

On my home computer, I have Windows 10 and Framemaker 2017 (same versions
as my coworker has at work). I tested several different documents, and got
the same results he did.

We have fully updated Windows and fully updated Framemaker 2017 and fully
updated Acrobat Pro DC. I have tried switching from RGB to CMYK with no
success. I also tried running Framemaker in Windows 7 compatibility mode,
with no success.

Who do I scream at at Microsoft to get this *FIXED*? We can, obviously,
workaround by using Visio files instead, but that means wrapping the sheet
size to the image, which is going to play hob with making changes if we
need to later on. Not a deal breaker, but damned inconvenient and it
wouldn't be necessary if Microsoft hadn't broken things to begin with.

--
Lin Sims