And further testing indicates that the issue occurs if Illustrator or
Photoshop is used to alter the background to white (if it wasn't white to
start with). The Adobe personnel are also seeing this as an issue in
Illustrator, so it is apparently NOT just a FrameMaker issue.

Yay?

But, progress!

--
Lin Sims