On 9/9/2019 11:15 AM, Roger Shuttleworth wrote:
Using FM11.

Roger,
   Have you tried a later version of FM?

All my images are imported by reference, and the anchored frames contain only one image each.

1. The "href" attribute, which is defined in my EDD as arequired id,
   exports as an empty string. I need it to populate with the path to
   my referenced graphic. You will note that I have commented out one
   line of the rules, but it makes no difference. Do I have to specify
   the "href" value in FM, or should it pick up the filename
   automatically when exporting?

I'll respond to your other questions after I've had time to do some relevant testing, but why do you want the href attribute stored in FM? And why do you want it to be a unique ID? How is it declared in the DTD? Pathnames contain characters (particularly slashes and possibly spaces) that are not permitted in ID attributes in XML. Furthermore, I don't know if your documents ever contain multiple copies of the same graphic file, but if you use the filename as an ID, you preclude that possibility. Structured cross-references do use ID attributes for cross-references, but cross-references for images typically refer to something like a container that includes a figure number rater than the anchored frame itself.

FM should export the filename to the appropriate attribute regardless of any value stored in FM. The only reason I can think of for importing the filename would be to display it in the FM document as a cross-reference to the graphic element. Do you have such a requirement?

    --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.