Try closing FrameMaker and then renaming the preferences folder. For you,
it would be

C:\Users\<your user name> \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\14

People usually rename it to  C:\Users\<your user name>
\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\14-backup

This forces Frame to recreate all the configuration files that control key
bindings and the like.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 11:35 AM Pat Christenson <
pat.christen...@morningstar.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Yesterday, the Function keys I use most often (F8, F9) stopped working. So
> did CTRL-8 and CTRL-9, and some other Function and CTRL keys as well. I'm
> on FrameMaker 17 (unstructured), Windows 7. There have been no changes to
> my system or installation. I've tried restarting FrameMaker and the
> computer.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> ________________________________
> Pat Christenson
> Senior Technical Writer, Customer Engagement
> pat.christen...@morningstar.com
>
> Morningstar. Illuminating investing worldwide.
>
> 22 W. Washington Street
> Chicago, IL 60602
> www.morningstar.com
> [cid:image003.png@01D593C4.AB0062E0]
>
> This email contains privileged and confidential information and is
> intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. Any dissemination,
> distribution, or duplication of this communication without prior written
> consent from Morningstar is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the
> materials from any computer.

Lin Sims