Brenda,
   Do you have the /Structured Application Developeor's Guide/? If not download it and the accompanying reference manual from https://www.adobe.com/devnet/framemaker.html. They are the two documents available under the "Structure Application Development" heading.    Look up "context rule". You can apply different paragraph formats from the paragraph catalog or simply change individual paragraph properties based on context.
    --Lynne