I first saw this in Framebuilder training class, around 1994. It won me
over immediately. Pure AI. You train a machine to think the way you want it
to, after you walk away. Ronco for TWrs, "Just set it and forget it."

FWIW, InDesign's smart GREP styles offer a lot of similar AI-ish
formatting, without the rigor of learning DTD.