Greetings,
I've encountered an aggravating phenomenon that I need a fix for:
The second time I create a PDF from the same FM19 book, the PDF comes out at
about twice the size as the first time I do it.
Details:
Using FM19, I create a PDF by printing a book to a PS file and then distilling
the PS file using Adobe Distiller XI, "Professional version" 11.0.0779, with
the "Compatibility" setting set to "Adobe 5.0 (PDF1.4)". (Note that the
"Compatibility" dropdown menu lists several Compatibility options----up to
"Adobe 8.0 (PDF1.7)".
The first time I do this I end up with a PDF that is (in this case) about 5.5
KB.
The second time I do it (using the same files) the PDF size is about 11 KB.
Note that in both case, I perform a "save as" operation on the PDF to try to
reduce its size.

I have no idea what causes this doubling in size and I really need the
smaller-sized files.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Best wishes,
Barry Meislin

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for
use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for
delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender
indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network
server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that
any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly
prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official
business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.