I use the table anchor to enable me to use xrefs to link to the top of
the table.  Our captions are below the tables, so if I link to the
caption, the table displays off the top of the screen.  This way the
entire table displays on-screen when the user clicks the xref.

If you know another way to ensure the table displays on-screen, I'd
love to hear it.

> 2. Did you check to see if the document numbering for paragraphs in Chapter
> Five is "Restart Paragraph Numbering" or "Continue Numbering from Previous
> Paragraph in Book"?
> The first will have the table numbering continue, and the second restarts
> it from 1, which sounds like what you're looking at.

That was it, thanks.  I dunno how I missed that...

Thanks!

Doug