I haven't for a long time used the "Print separate file for each chapter"
option for printing a book. I tried it again now but I have to wait for each
chapter to print and display in Acrobat, then click OK to approve the file
name for the next chapter (even though it's just <chaptername>.pdf in the
chosen directory).

This is utterly crazy! For a small book it took me a good 10 minutes of just
waiting and clicking, but my next book is 40+ chapters! There are better
things to do with one's life than waiting for the computer to condescend to
letting you click predictable modal dialogs.

There must be a "do this for me and tell me when you are done" option (as I
think there was in older versions) but I didn't find it. Any help?

Thanks,

-- Bertrand Meyer