Needless to say I have more than adequate resources (recent Intel processor, 32
GB of RAM, always up to date with Windows updates etc.)

Prior to the current release I used FrameMaker 2019, and prior to that
FrameMaker 2015. They both had the same behavior.

Before that I used the Windows version 7.x for many years, approximatively
2002-2015  -- it was quite usable, although it did crash occasionally (with
real crashes, not the kind of freezing I am getting now).

And before that I used FrameMaker on Sun workstations, going back to 1993 (no
typo). It worked quite well. It clearly had a memory leak problem which meant
that it had to be restarted once in a while.

But we are in 2022.

With best regards,

-- Bertrand Meyer