Hi Sidnei,

On 9/26/06, Sidnei da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 02:17:56PM +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
| - If we can make AT fire generic events then maybe the locking can
| live outside AT?

That would be great.

| The hard part is obviously the UI, since base_edit
| would probably have to be aware of it.

That's not true. If you re-use the 'document actions' (which
PloneLockManager did), then you need an ActionProvider where you can
specify conditions based on interfaces. It could even just proxy the
ActionProvider API to browser:menu thingies.

Well, the way the PLIP145 bundle works, you get a warning message when
you go to the edit tab, but with an option of stealing the lock. If
there is no lock, when you go the edit tab, a lock is automatically
obtained. Meaning, you need some "about to edit" event and base_edit
needs to know there is a lock that may be stealable. However, some
generic marker interfaces and events should make that possible without
the exact locking implementation being tied to AT.

Martin