Sidnei da Silva schrieb:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 02:40:20PM +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
| Well, the way the PLIP145 bundle works, you get a warning message when
| you go to the edit tab, but with an option of stealing the lock. If
| there is no lock, when you go the edit tab, a lock is automatically
| obtained. Meaning, you need some "about to edit" event and base_edit
| needs to know there is a lock that may be stealable. However, some
| generic marker interfaces and events should make that possible without
| the exact locking implementation being tied to AT.

I still disagree with that. base_edit shouldn't have to know about
anything like that. If some sort of notification needs to be
available, it needs to be available globally and that means it should
be in plone.

While Sidnei is right in principle I again want to stress that the
hardest part here is to get some event triggered the moment the
user starts to work on something. With external edit its easy,
with a staging scenario its easy (as yuo do an explicit check out)
but for any Plone content item in general it's not that easy (or
at least I don't see it).

What we did at the time was to (ab)use 'base_edit' for triggering the
"start" event because basically any AT-based item would use that.
But I agree that this was more of a hack then anything to get going.

Maybe it's dead simple if actions can be made to fire events (or maybe
they even do that by now?). In the end, all we need to trigger the locking
is some way of knowing "this user clicked on the edit tab just now (or
started some inline editing ...)"

The action provider that you mentioned Sidnei with respect to the
PloneLockManager was about adding a document action allowing
you to get to the lock management screen for eventually releasing
the lock manually. That's a different story - and something we actually
removed because Alex didn't like it there. Instead we've put that as a
link into the status message but that's really an implementation/UI
detail.

Raphael