On 20.02.2008, at 09:35, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

Thanks very much for the report Raphael. I'm going to treat this as the
official recommendatation of the framework team.

and so will i. some of the +3 and +4 would actually need to be increased by one, namely my own vote, which i chose to cast 'blanket style', which i admit was not a good idea (and just being too lazy, shame on me!).

seeing that there is no area of dispute i think it would be pointless for me now to go through all of them and still cast my vote but i do want to at least take this opportunity and promise to cast my votes explicitly for *all* plips for 3.2 ;-)

i also want to thank andi for being a kick-ass (literally, sometimes!) framework spokesperson and raphael for stepping in.

cheers,

tom

Some quick comments:

Previously Raphael Ritz wrote:
PLIP #201: Improve the UberSelectionWidget UI
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7736

Don't know, seems to me this might be deferred to 3.2
It does seem to look good already though.
At those who looked more closely at it:
what do you really recommend by now?

I talked with Florian and Danny yesterday and tried it myself as well:
at this moment USW is not ready yet so it'll be deferred.

PLIP #202: Support inline validation and editing for formlib forms
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7737

+4 - but there is still some debate about what's the
best way to handle the portal status message. Once this
is sorted out (and implemented) it's ready for merge

I agree with Danny that that must be fixed before merge.

PLIP #203: Manage portlet assignments with GenericSetup
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/203
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7738

+3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
   (Martin might look at this later today)

Must be fixed - this can break export on sites where export currently
works.

PLIP #204: Manage content rules using GenericSetup
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/204
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7739

+3 - but before merge the encoding issue should be fixed
   (Martin might look at this later today)

Must be fixed - this can break export on sites where export currently
works.

PLIP #209: Add buildout to Unified Installer
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/209
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7744

+3 ready for merge

 but just so we don't forget: after merge we should again
 double-check that we don't give wrong advice to people
 about where to put add-on products in the file system
 in the Plone add-on products config panel
 (and maybe make it more obvious how to install eggs)

SteveM contaced me about that yesterday and we agreed that the behaviour in Plone will change here: if it detects that it is run from a buildout (which we can easily see from the path) we will direct users to Martin's
third party add-on tutorial on plone.org.

PLIP #212: Use jQuery Javascript Library
http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/212
https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7747

+3 - but it seems there are a few little glitches still
   that may need some attention
   check back with danny and martijn before merging

From what I've seen so far those glitches have been correctly ported
from the current non-jquery codebase, so they should not prevent a
merge.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.