On 20.05.2008, at 06:53, Jon Stahl wrote:

I agree that we should have a stronger opinion about this in Plone 4.0. Personally, I lean towards making it pure-metatadat and adding a "lead-in" content field.

+1

FWIW, this is exactly what we are doing here for a current (newspaper) project and (incidentally) is the exact use-case that the journalists involved in the project came up with without any knowledge of this issue here on the list. i.e. they wanted a description field for metadata (i.e. search engines) and an explicit lead-in field for the articles.

just my $0.02,

tom