Meeting minutes are below. The TLDR version: FWT members, sign up for a minimum
of 4 PLIPs to review. Have them done by Nov 30th. We're merging Zope 2.13 soon,
voice any concerns ASAP.
Plone 4.x Framework Team Meeting – Nov 9, 2010
In attendance: Eric Steele, Laurence Rowe, Craig Haynal, Rob Gietema, Alec
Mitchell, Ross Patterson
* Merging Zope 2.13 and CMFPlone PLIPs
* Craig has looked at it again in the last few days and tests are now
passing and its working.
* Decision to merge Zope 2.13 upfront, wait on CMFPlone until after reviews.
* Divvying up PLIP reviews
* 11 new implementations ready for review, will need at least 4 reviews
from each FWT member to reach the desired 3/PLIP count.
* Please sign up for reviews on the Plone 4.1 PLIP votes GoogleDoc
http://bit.ly/Plone41PLIPs before reviewing.
* Please add a link to your completed review to the spreadsheet.
* UI team has been handed 10 PLIPs to review. Eric will attempt to
* Review deadline
* Endeavour to complete reviews by November 30th
* lxml in installers
* Include lxml in the installers, makes life easier when using Diazo, etc.
* Laurence will submit a PLIP, to be reviewed outside of the current round
* Login changes
* Changes are minor and can be merged once we branch
* Changes to plone.session for auto-logout support should not be exposed
through add/remove plugins, there is a variable in plone somewhere to list
profiles to hide.
* Functional browser testing
* Eric will be submitting an out-of-process PLIP in the next month. Basics:
standardize use, setup of Selenium 2 in core packages. Builds on work from
Framework-Team mailing list