http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2011/10/02/what-i-saw-as-kodak-crumbled/

Once again, the old guard clings to obsolete business models and is
ultimately swept away by inevitable shifts in technology. The party's
winding down, folks. CDs, newspapers, and now analog film are going
the way of the wax cylinder. The canary in the coal mine dropped dead
about ten years ago, now the roof is about to collapse.

35mm motion picture film will still keep hanging on for a few more
years, despite the fact that high-end digital cameras have now
surpassed the imaging quality of most 35mm film stocks. Anyone who is
unwilling to adapt to digital imaging had better start hoarding film
stock in their walk-in freezers. The day that HDR sensors become
affordable is the day that analog film unequivocably becomes more
trouble than it's worth. Sprocket holes seem increasingly quaint in a
world where exposure and depth of field can be entirely controlled in
*POST* with no loss of quality.

I'm not a hater, I'm just pointing out a reality that may be painful
for many on this list. Don't look to Fuji to save you, they're
ultimately headed for the dumpster as well. Starting up another
Impossible Project is a noble idea, but from what I've seen, these
handmade stocks can't compete with the real deal.

Aaron