Hi all,
I have a super 8 query regarding a camera I sold a while back. I'm trying to
figure out what's happened. Now I tested the camera before sending it out and
got images/the film pulled through fine.
Here is what the buyer has said has happened after using a film cartridge
(100d, with correct settings, etc) developed by a lab in soho:
"they called to say that only a six second burst had come out. It so happened
to be the last 6 second burst that I did owing to the fact that the film
counter had reached 50ft. After getting the film back and looking the exposure
is great. I have taken it for a free look over by a pro camera shop in soho.
They have said that the film is not going through the gate, and that the claw
is not grabbing the notches on the film. They also said it was very dry inside
the camera. I understand what all of this means, I have a good understanding of
how cameras still and now moving work. They quoted £129.99 + v.a.t for a full
service and mend with a six month guarantee. This is lots of money for what was
supposed to be some fun."
Ok now like I said I tested the camera and it pulled through/developed fine.
Also what confuses me is he says the film is not going through the gate, the
claw is not grabbing the notches of the film? Why then did that 6 second burst
work?
Here is an online video of the footage that came out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3C3Kcqn_Pg
Can anyone tell me what they think of this footage and the general situation or
come up with some explanation? If the camera is genuinely faulty I would give
the buyer at least a partial refund, however the buyer has told me that the
soho shop dismantled the camera (which makes me a little dubious about sending
a refund as it's not how I sent it out and there could be some tampering going
on). Also this soho shop sounds a bit steep with their prices, does anyone know
anything about this shop in soho?
Sorry if anyone on here actually works at this soho shop, I don't want to imply
there is anything suspicious going on, I just want to get to the bottom of this
and come to a fair conclusion.
ThanksKev